It’s been a busy fall, and I haven’t been blogging as much as I’d like to. I’m back. Here’s what has been going on with me:
1) I have glasses. Ugh. Just for the computer and reading, for now. They’re pink and purple, thanks to my fashion-conscious kid.
2) I have a publisher! ‘Carry On Dancing’ – my third poetry collection – will be published
by Winter Goose Publishing in print and ebook in March 2012.
3) This blog had its 100,000th visitor last week! Thanks for all your support these last 2.5 years. I can’t believe how many great things have come from my blogging -friendships, a publishing contract, and readers sending me homemade cookies all the time. (Alright, that last one is wishful thinking).
4) ‘The Groovy Granny’ is now an epub! You can buy it on http://blurb.com for $2.99 and read it on your iPad or iPhone. It will be in the iBookstore soon.
5) ‘Leap’ and ‘Where the Butterflies Go’ have leapt to #3 and #16 in Canada’s iBookstore and remain in the Top 40 right now and the ‘What’s Hot’ section of both the Canadian and U.S. iBookstores. I want to thank all of you who have bought and reviewed my ebooks, and to let you know that with the proceeds I’ve made since July we have twice donated pencils to a school in a developing country through Unicef’s Gift of Education Program.
My plan for this blog is to post at least every Tuesday and Thursday, and introduce new features along with my poetry and prose pieces, such as ‘Caption This’ for my photos, ‘My Favourite Things’ near Christmas time, and special interviews with both indie and traditionally published authors.
I hope you’ll join me and share the posts so others know I’m back, and I’m blogging. Thanks again for reading.
Ciao for now,